MICCROLLOY® BRONZE PLATING
When it comes to your parts, there’s no room for error, which is where we come in. As one of the only companies capable of producing bronze plating, we know how important it is to provide a durable product that holds up in even the most demanding applications. Our proprietary Miccrolloy Bronze plating solution delivers excellent machinability, selective plating, and great surface-bearing properties to keep your parts functioning at their best.
Multi-Industry Reliance on Miccrolloy Bronze
Miccrolloy® bronze plating meets a host of Aerospace, Military, Automotive, and Industrial specifications:
- Excellent bearing replacement
- Deposits on steel and cast iron (ranging from 0.0001 to 0.1 inches)
- Withstands severe grind and shear adhesion testing
- Superior properties to solid bronze (proven)
- Economic (considerable cost savings)
- Possible to selectively plate on machined components
- Conforms to materials standard AMS 2429
- Rack or barrel plating options
Engineered for Superior Performance
Bronze is a complex finish that few plating companies have the expertise to provide.
Miccrolloy bronze often serves as an alternative to solid bronze. It is popularly used in the aerospace, marine, and oil & gas industries because its strength and wear characteristics withstand severe grind and shear-adhesion testing. Miccrolloy bronze is also less expensive than solid bronze and many other metal substrates.
While not every plating company can offer bronze, KC Jones Plating ensures customers are never restricted to sub-optimal solutions for their applications.
KC Jones plates bronze coatings on extremely large industrial hooks. These hooks are plated for use in the most critical environments: shipyards, hoists, and other similar applications. In most cases, it is critical that hooks do not spark or create an explosion. This is especially important in oil & gas-industry applications where there is absolutely zero tolerance for sparks.
Bronze-plated hooks are popular within the aerospace industry as well because they are spark-free and eliminate the risk of explosion or fire, while the marine industry puts KC Jones hooks to the test with extreme wear and harsh conditions.
An Example of Top-notch KC Jones Plated Hoist Hooks: Detroit Hoist
Detroit Hoist is known nationwide for producing top-quality, state-of-the-art hoists and crane components. They have designed wire rope hoists since 1905.
When KC Jones Plating provided bronze-plated hooks for Detroit Hoist, they were required to withstand wear and friction in the most hazardous environments. They also had to be completely spark-resistant, while providing maximum wear resistance. And KC Jones delivered with bronze plating.
Bronze finishes are extremely durable, especially when plated over a steel or cast iron base metal, which made it ideal for this application.
Make Your Parts Out of Bronze
For your convenience, KC Jones will design your parts with bronze plating. This is much more beneficial than adding it after the fact. It also provides full wear-resistance benefits at a much lower cost.
Properties of Miccrolloy Bronze
- Conforms to SAE AMS 2429
- ~90% copper / 10% Tin
- Deposit thickness .0001 in.
- Hardness (35 Rc)
- Low coefficient of friction (~.06)
- Excellent machinability
KC Jones ensures every bronze coating is optimized to the specific application. Bronze is usually made up of 90% copper and 10% tin, however, these percentages can be tweaked for application optimization.
A Quick Overview of Common Miccrolloy Bronze Applications
- Leading aircraft manufacturers request Miccrolloy bronze to coat cylinder block faceplates, pistons, rotors, and landing gear systems
- Millions of cars, on every continent, contain transmission gears, drive-trains, and engine components plated with KC Jones Miccrolloy® bronze
- Hoist hooks for the marine, and oil & gas industries are plated in Miccrolloy bronze because of its spark resistance and 35Rc hardness
- Parts for use with bearing surfaces
- Bushing as an alternative to other failing finishes (or materials)
No matter the task, KC Jones ensures finishes are superior to any other coating by optimizing every finish to the intended application. It operates a NADCAP-accredited facility for electroplated bronze chemical processing and is one of the few facilities capable of bronze plating in the world.